Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 224 Clams from a Sidewalk


While returning home from my pack leader walk yesterday, I noticed about twelve clams on the sidewalk. One of them was crushed to pieces but the rest were just sitting there. I picked up three of them for todays picture. I set them on a plate of water to await their moment of stardom. Today when I arrived home from work I noticed one of the clams was open. My husband said that means it's still alive. I gave it more water but it could be a salt water clam. The hard cold facts of reality are, away from it's natural habitat, they're going to die no matter what I do. I took my pictures and set the plate of clams on the kitchen counter with some fresh water. I'm not really sure what to do with them. I hope they're not suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment