Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 314 The Spider Eats the Fly, So Cool!



My car wouldn't start today. Maybe I ran out of gas, maybe I need a new battery, in any case I was stuck at home. I photographed a few things around the house. Feeling that I had not quite gotten my photo for the day, I kept an eye open.
Outside was an empty bag of dog food I thought I would throw in the trash. Actually it wasn't empty, it had dog poo inside. I use empty dog food bags to put the poo in, that way it can easily go in the trash come trash day. Nice and tidy system. Plus the dog food bag gets used twice! Ah but I digress... I go to grab the bag when I noticed a dark spot on the side, wow! a spider and a fly! I ran inside to get my macro lens and prayed they'd still be there when I got back. They had moved but I found them. The spider had taken it's meal to the shade. I maneuvered the bag to put the spider and fly in the sun but each time I did the spider moved very spider fast back into the shade. Eventually I was able to take a few pictures with decent light. I have to say, I love the red of the dog food bag as opposed to some more natural setting.
I have been wanting to get a good spider picture for a very long time. Not easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment