Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 360 Orchid




After photographing my husband with the flower I picked outside of a restaurant the other day, I put the remaining stem in a glass of water on the kitchen windowsill. It opened this morning and was absolutely beautiful. I wanted to photograph it but photographing flowers is a speciality all in itself. So I looked up orchid on Flicker. So many beautiful pictures I knew with my randomly picked flower I couldn't get the kinds of pictures they had. Especially since most flower photographers have someone else picking the perfect flower! So my goal was to photograph it with decent lighting on a black background, yet still be good enough to post to Flicker. The middle picture is what I was attempting to get. So I'm pretty happy I have it. The top and bottom picture were just me playing around after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment