Monday, October 26, 2009

The Blog

I started this blog as a way to keep myself photographing. I have been trying to get accepted into an MFA program but haven't been able to. I also had no idea what I should be doing photographically and I thought this blog would help me find out. IT did. I have many ideas and projects I'm working on. I'm excited about all of them. I also know I need to be meeting people and photographing them in black and white. That is my calling as a photographer.

I had been thinking for a while now that I was ready to stop with this project, but also thought I wanted to see it through to May 1st, 2010. However, My mom's health has taken a turn for the worse and I feel it is necessary to spend as much time with her as I can, encouraging her to get healthy. She lives far from me and I won't be able to do both. I also feel as if I have what I need for my 2009 MFA portfolio application. So.... I will no longer be posting daily photo's.

I will continue posting pictures for myself if I can on occasion, such as the monthly series of my son swimming. I'd really like to finish that series.

Thank you for the support you've given me, for the encouraging words in person, in private e-mails and in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mom. I know you'll do what you feel is best. No pressure to keep doing the series on me, but I will always be willing to do it. Keep working hard towards your dreams. You've shown me what real determination is. You are my number 1 roll model. Peace, love and happiness and harmony. Wild free spirit, I aspire to be a better person. I am here for you all the way!

    ReplyDelete