Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 129 Woman Walking by a Wood Wall


There is an awesome photographer, Walker Evans, whose work I love and admire. He has this wonderful series of people walking by a wall, some of them are looking at the camera, some are not. It's pretty interesting. I've long thought I'd love to set myself up somewhere and photograph people as they pass by. So today I finally gave it a try. I set the camera up on the tripod with the lens focused on the wall. The tripod was directly outside my passenger side door, so I sat in my car drinking coffee with hand poised on the shutter. This is an area close to the freeway and not many people pass by so I waited in sheer boredom, and yet with an underlying excitement in the prospect of getting a good picture. It took about twenty minutes before this woman walked by. I clicked the shutter twice, this being the first frame, and was pretty satisfied with my capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment