Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 135 H Street Modesto


It's about time I post a cityscape type picture. I'm usually not very good at these kinds of pictures and I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job with one today had I put any effort into it at all. But as it happened I was driving out of town and just took a few pictures while driving. I'm sure I have better pictures with tail light reflections and a stunning sky, but this picture reminds me of a painting that used to hang on my grandmothers wall.
It was a quaint scene in what appeared to be an english town. A little boy running a hoop on the left side of a brick road gave the painting a whimsical and carefree feel while the overgrown trees which dominated the scene created an ominous mood. I used to stare at that painting and would like someday to take a picture of that same quality. Until then and for today, I have H Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment