Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 15 Star Trek


A few times as kids, my sisters and I went to visit some distant cousins. While my sisters played outside with the girl I watched the Star Trek series with the boy whose name I can't recall. I think that was the beginning of my appreciation for science fiction. The Blob lapping up people in it's gooey blubbery stuff, giant ants in the movie Them, a small Japanese boy and his friend Godzilla destroying buildings and saving an unappreciative people from another more deadly monster, movies all as measures of time with which our lives pass by. At almost fifty it was a pleasure to watch James Tiberius Kirk and Spock meet, bond and save planet Earth. But of course I couldn't distract people by taking pictures during the movie, so a preview will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment