Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 17 Wet Rose


There's an international exhibit of photographs taken by blind photographers on display at the California Museum of Photography in Riverside Ca. One photo in particular refuses to leave my mind. As a photojournalist I used to take many photo's of kids playing in water. And here comes this blind guy who does it so much better. I didn't have a little kid to throw water at, but out back I do have a rose bush, with one last tiny rose left. I held my camera with the right hand and hosed the rose with the left. Not nearly as cool as Bruce Hall's Frenetic, but I have only just begun to play. Not to mention, I have that disability called sight to overcome.

2 comments:

  1. I like that one!!! Seems very appropriate for such a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite so far. Just becuase I love the look of water all over the place. I really think its neat your doing this. Keep it up :-) Love your son!

    ReplyDelete