Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 63 Golden Mask


I thought it was about time I photograph something else on black. My son who always comments requested something that wasn't food. Feeling a bit like gold I photographed the mask I bought in San Francisco. I tried to put it at an angle so that all the gold sequins would shine, not as easy as it would seem. Never-the-less I did get an image with lots of sparkles. However, I picked a different frame for display. I love this mask, can't wait to do more with it.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great on the black background :) Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the mask is actually rather ominous with the black background. The lack of a mouth and the way the light falls on it come across as sinister. It's really simple and beautiful. I like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, sometimes I think the simple pictures of something on black are a bit boring, even though I can spend a lot of time trying to find the right shot. I guess it's because my real love in photography is in meeting new people and photographing them. I'm hoping to do more pictures of things on black. I never noticed the lack of mouth on the mask and now this picture takes on a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete