Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 72 Covey


Covey is an old appaloosa we rescued from a Washington feed lot. A feedlot is a place where horses are stored until they are shipped off to slaughter. There are a lot of different ideas about slaughter and whether it is right or wrong. I believe if you domesticate an animal you have an obligation to care for it. Horses serve us and in doing so are given to trust us. I believe slaughter is a betrayal of that trust. The solution would be simple, stop being selfish and greedy, and stop breeding horses. It does sound simple doesn't it? Only problem is people are selfish, greedy and irresponsible. After a lifetime of service someone threw Covey in the trash. They sent him to a brutal and scary death. With the help of others I rescued him, and he is my work of art. Isn't that how life is? One persons trash is another's work of art.

1 comment:

  1. The horse is pretty, but I love the clouds in the sky :)

    ReplyDelete