Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 66 Tina


Last summer I visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and they had this awesome display of photographs taken by Philip-Lorca diCorcia. He is known for several different series of photographic work. My favorite are scenes of prostitutes where he states in the title how much they were paid to model and other details for instance, Brent Booth, 21 years old, Des Moines, Iowa $30 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip-Lorca_diCorcia
I've wanted to do something similar with the professional girls on Ninth street but in my own way. I wasn't exactly sure what that was until I photographed Tyler for Day 57.
So I drove to Ninth street. I walked about a block when I approached Tina. I asked her if she would model for me and before she could say no I said I'd pay her $20. She walked with me a short distance so I could take her picture. I was pretty nervous as my camera wasn't cooperating. I also thought she might be in a hurry. She told me don't be nervous, so I relaxed a bit. She asked if I picked her because of her ears hat, I kinda laughed. I took about eight frames using the flash twice for each with an open shutter. I showed her the pictures as we progressed and gave her my blog address. If she sees this picture I hope she likes it. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment