Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 89 Spoons


I've been thinking that I need to photograph more the things I hope to do a series on. And as it happened while washing the dishes this morning I was admiring the light on the silverware. So of course I broke out the macro lens and began experimenting with the light, water and spoons. One thing this blog has been teaching me as I look at some of the pictures I've chosen to post, is that I enjoy dark shadows and often times pass over a better picture to pick one with shadows. Maybe it isn't the shadows so much as the little bits of light that shine through seem to have a stronger influence. In any case, I love the darkness in this picture. It gives the shapes of the spoons some mystery. Or is it the small amount of light that was allowed to trickle in over a short period of time?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the shadowy pictures too I don't know why I just do : )

    ReplyDelete