Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 82 Freddy


In October of 1998 I started work at the Turlock Journal. Being an animal lover it wasn't an easy job going to photograph the pet of the week, looking into all those hopeful eyes begging for attention and a chance at life. Yes they do know where they are. In May of 1999 Animal Control had about twenty puppies from at least five different litters. You name it they had it. There were two thick furred but not long hair gorgeous type puppies there. A black one and a red one. The black one was a female and much furrier. The red one was somewhere between scruffy and scruffy. Unlike the other puppies he didn't come running, except the day he was getting out. He seemed to know he was being set free, still he stayed at the farthest end of the leash. We named the little puppy Freddie because he was red, Red Fred.
Since moving into this house I've wanted to take a picture of our dogs in front of this beaten down garage door. I love the deep turquoise color and the general rustic feel of the peeling paint. This is my second attempt since starting this blog and it won't be the last. I plan on taking all kinds of dog pictures with the studio light.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture Diane... and the story makes it even more enjoyable.

    Michelle "Benton" Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I'm so glad you like it.. and that you left me a comment.
    He is a good boy. Really loves his toys.

    ReplyDelete