Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 77 Forks Under Water


I photographed silverware under running water earlier on this blog. Then deleted it for a better picture. But I kept that image in my mind, thinking it would be fun to do a series of silverware under water. So today I start my series with a couple of forks. I had one with a knife that was kind of funny. But I like the dark shadows of the forks in this picture. There is an artist, whose name I can't remember, she photographed forks in all kinds of places. Great work.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the potential a series like this holds. This photo is really interesting. I like to think of the two forks as hands asking for something. I keep picturing and impatient child stamping his/her foot waiting for whatever "grown up" object requires two hands to hold. Maybe not what you were going for, but a definite feeling of petulance and playfulness. Quite the combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it like that. I'm seeing it in a different way now. And it is a lot more fun. Petulance and playfulness, How fun. That's the thing I love about photography, you photograph something real and true and yet the image is different for each person viewing it. They use their own ideas, history and experiences to interpret what they see.
    What's really fun is being in a beginning photography class and listening to twenty different ideas about one image. A real learning experience.

    ReplyDelete