Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 81 Cigarette Pack Art


For weeks now I have been trying to photograph cigarette packs on top of the fence in this picture. It's a difficult thing to capture all those cigarette packages stretched out along the fence top. The cigarette packages go on for quite some time and to capture the length of them all makes the beauty of them disappear. I've known because of the miniscule size of the packs compared to the length that I would need a human in my picture. Some days I would sit by the fence waiting for the right person to come along and help me with my picture. It never materialized. But tonight I asked this woman who had seen me out there before, if she'd let me get a picture of her near the packs. She consented but seemed to have a lot of frowns on her countenance. This made me feel uncomfortable so I told her thats o.k. I'll get someone else. She said briskly "I'm not tripping take your picture" So I took a few pictures of her. She then asked me if I got it and I told her yes. This isn't the glamour picture of cigarette packages on a fence I was going for, but it's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment