Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 78 Running Boy in the Shadows


With no picture so far in the day I took my dog for a walk. I passed by a fence I enjoy passing by, because it always glows when the sun is hitting it. This creates beautiful shadows which are always fun to photograph. A few kids were playing and seemed to like my dog Tyler, so I let them pet him. As I passed the fence I turned around to untangle Tyler's leash and instinctively took a picture of a boy running. I didn't think anything of it and continued on my walk. A block away I looked to see my shadow pictures and was surprised to find this picture. I thought it might be a good one for today, so I walked back to where the kids were as a few adults were there also. I asked them if they knew the parent of the boy in my picture. His mom happened to be there and said I could use the picture for my blog. It's not as strong a picture as it seemed to me on the camera back, but I do like it. I caught the boy when both his feet were in the air. I would have liked the shadow to be further back in the picture but at the same time I like the shadows across his face. I also wish he were in better focus, but it is passable.
In taking a second look at the picture I really don't mind the softness of the focus on the boy. I also noticed the little dog who lives behind the fence running along with the boy. It's hard to see, you might have to click on the photo to enlarge it but the little dogie is there.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way his fingers look. To me they look like they are in an awkward position.

    ReplyDelete