Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 30 Tick


Yeah!!! my computer is fixed. I thought having to post a picture a day was a pain sometimes, but boy did I miss it. Yesterday I gave two of my dogs a flea and tick bath I found three ticks total. I saw this one tick, which is headless, lying on the table and ran inside to get my macro lens. I love the light and the transparency of the flea and tick shampoo. Each tick I pulled out came out without it's head. If you look close you can see it's bloody neck. Maybe I should have used tweezers.
One of my junior college teachers always says, "there is nothing in life that shouldn't be photographed." I believe this. And so you have a picture of a tick for day 30, I'm going to have to take a few extra pictures at some point to catch up the days.

4 comments:

  1. This one grosses me out. But its still cool :) Glad your computer is back and running : ) Good luck out there finding all those interesting pictures : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety in your photos, and isn't "tick" just a perfect post for the end of computer problems? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I never thought of it like that. It is appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't get too close it looks like a beautiful pearl shell. Funny how that works. Nature surprises me lots of times, great shot.

    ReplyDelete