Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 47 Matt


I set lights up in the front yard hoping to photograph a stranger. The extension cord would not reach far past the front porch so I called my neighbor over. He'd had a few beers and was more than willing to oblige. But he had a white shirt, a few houses down I saw a guy in a red shirt, so I asked my neighbor to bring him over. Matt was very willing to let me photograph him and even gave me some great pictures. Then we started talking. He told me about his son Haidyn who was born on Valentines Day with a bad heart. He said his son, who is two years old, had died twice and has been on life support and would probably need a new heart by the time he is ten. He showed me his tattoo and let me photograph it. If I have learned anything in my short life is that nothing is more important than family. And that the quality of life comes not from riches but from who you spend your time with. A glass of red wine every once in a while is a good thing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment