Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 41 Miss Easley


Today was such a beautiful morning I headed down to Ninth street. As I walked over to the donut store for some coffee and a custard filled donut, I saw this woman standing on a corner. She looked beautiful in her pink dress against the blue sky with the white fence behind her. But I didn't get the feeling she'd like her picture taken. So I headed into the donut store for my morning's enjoyment. When I came out she was still there. I walked over thinking it wouldn't hurt to ask for a picture. Before I could speak she asked me for a dollar. I gave her all I had which was only three dollars. She allowed me to take her picture when I asked but was very shy about it. I didn't try to hard as I didn't want to embarrass her. We talked and I showed her some of the pictures. When the sun popped out I snapped a few more and got this shot. She is beautiful with her smile and her pink dress. At first she told me her name was Carol Burnett, then she gave me another name. Before I walked away she shouted out Misses Easley. I said E A S L E Y, and she said "yes".

1 comment: