Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 37 Wayne with a green stripe


About a year ago I learned about a painting Matisse had done. A woman, his wife, who was painted with a green strip down her face. Since then I've wanted to take a picture of my husband with a green stripe down his face. Problem was actually getting some face paint. We found a place in the mall yesterday so I tried taking my picture tonight. I'll let you decide whether or not it's a success. It's not exactly what I envisioned. Here's a little info on the picture done by Matisse
http://www.picassoandmatisse.com/product.php?xProd=256&xSec=2
Another reason for starting this blog is I was wondering what the worst is other photographers do. Photographers always show their successes, but their worst is often hidden. Having to post a picture a day gives me a chance to try new things and either fail or succeed. The fun is in the trying, thinking, and the experimentation.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Remindes me of like a triabl thing.. Althogh Wayne looks like hes trying to look into our souls.. Personally I think no matter what you do its a success just because someone else doesnt think so don't make it so. You have to measure your own standards but in mine your the best! Love -Steven-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!!!! It's a little scary, but your husband looks like he's about 20 years old!!!!! Must be nice to age so well, even with a green stripe down your face!!!!! What a good sport!!!!!

    ReplyDelete