Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 101 Nathan and Bear


In April I met a loquacious boy on a skate board rolling up and down the street. I took many pictures of him using black and white film. I also let him use the camera to take a few pictures, well I said take a few, but he enjoyed it so much he took about a roll and a half. I haven't seen him since then until tonight.
I headed out the door with my dog Tyler and Nathan was at the end of my driveway asking me how the pictures came out. I told him I processed the film but had to wait to make prints and then I walked with him around the block to his house. He wanted me to take a picture of him with his dog Tinkerbell. His mom came out and we struck up a conversation while Nathan ran Tyler up and down the street giving him some much needed exercise. In between runs Nathan would go in the house and bring out a pet for me to take pictures of. I took a picture of him with Tinkerbell, his pet baby chicken, his lizard, and of course Bear. Bear is a Rottweiler Chihuahua cross. They adopted Bear when an old man died leaving four horses and a couple of dogs homeless. They found homes for the horses and adopted Bear, another couple adopted the other dog. Out of all his pets Bear was the most interesting, he had such wonderful expressions. Nathan also asked if he could take pictures of his dogs so I let him use my camera to take a few pictures.
Now I know Nathan lives right around the corner, I'm sure I'll see him again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment