Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 116 Dead Dog


I parked my jeep grabbed my camera and prepared to photograph Ninth Street. As I started to cross the street I found this bloody mess in the middle of the road. I began taking pictures as well as I could in between the packs of cars rushing by. A few of them looking back as if to say "What's she doing taking pictures of a dead dog".
I don't recall a single time in my jaunts to Ninth Street where I haven't seen stray dogs wandering around. I often try to photograph them but they run away or I get a better shot of something else. Not to long after photographing this dog, who must have belonged to someone as it's collar is near by, I spotted a small tan chihuahua mix strutting along the curb as if he owned the street. I tried to grab a shot of him but he was much to fast. I watched as he darted across Ninth Street almost getting hit by a car, and then shooed off by a street person he scampered down an adjoining street.

2 comments:

  1. The busted collar just puts this into a whole different mood. I went from "WTF?" to "awww damn"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne hates this.
    Dogs that live in the area are constantly wandering that street. I can't count how many near misses I've seen, and the cars don't even try to slow down.

    ReplyDelete