Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 119 Steve and Merlot


Earlier in the year I traded photographic services for horse training services. I photographed Steve Bauhr's progress training a mustang mare, Tonopah Ora, who he trained for the Western States Horse Expo mustang challenge competition in June. Steve did a marvelous job and Tonopah Ora found herself a great home.
I bought Merlot as a yearling in 2004. He has not been in a trailer since. He is six years old now, 16.2 hands, and very leery of different people and different situations. The only horse I own that I could not get in a trailer on my own. It didn't take Steve long before he had Merlot going in and backing out of the trailer. I guess Merlot just needed some one who knew what they were doing.
Merlot's a long way off from being trailer trained but at least now he has a good start. All I wanted. On the walk back to Merlot's stall I snapped quite a few pictures. I love so many of them, because of course I love my horse, and the sky was gorgeous, so for today a silhouette of Steve and Merlot.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! You changed your picture. I liked the first one better with the tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the sky in this picture and the silhouette just looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim... I'm so glad you commented... I love feed back.
    Sometimes If it's still in that days time period I change my mind about what picture to post. I can't edit... hence all the days with more than one picture. Although I'm getting good practice.
    I love the tractor one too as it had so many different elements. But I though this one had more action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how the swishing tail frames steve, too

    ReplyDelete