Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 113 Blu


I set up a single light in my living room and tried without success to get the PG&E guy to let me take his picture. He declined and I persisted, he declined and I persisted, until finally I let him leave the house without taking his picture. He was afraid he could lose his job. OK a reasonable excuse and a legitimate concern.
Not to be defeated and determined to photograph someone in front of the black background in my living room with my one light, I walked across the street. Blu just arrived to visit his friends and his friends, my neighbors, convinced him to model for me. He removed his glasses and stood where I asked and turned his head in any direction. I took quite a few pictures, enough to learn, I need to learn a lot about lighting. I do like this picture of him and don't even mind the light glare. I should though, a true professional would not be satisfied with it.

2 comments:

  1. Dude reminds me of a cross between Jeff Bridges and Charles Bronson.
    One hard mutha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you say that. it's all I see, Charles Bronson and Jeff Bridges. So much so he could almost be a morph of the two.

    ReplyDelete