Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 107 Black Berries


Yesterday while visiting my brother in law my husband and I admired his blackberry vine. It ran along the length of his fence and was very pretty with all the different stages of berry development. My brother in law stated that the birds eat the berries all the time and there are so many berries that even they cannot eat them all. I immediately said we are taking some home to photograph on black.
I set up my light and took a few pictures with several different compositions. One was farther away so you could see the vine, thorns, berries and the leaves. That was my personal favorite although a better image was a close up of the bottom of the berry bunch. I was happy enough with the textures and color the berries presented, but of course by now I can't take a picture of anything without adding water to the subject. I tried to catch the water droplets just as they were falling off the berries. Then I asked my husband to just pour the rest of the water on them, and so here is my picture for the day, my only frame with water pouring down in such a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment